Monday, July 15, 2013

Pacific Rim (2013)


"Today, we are cancelling the apocalypse!"

Yup, that's what the Marshall screamed to his crews when he's about to enter the robot to finish off the monsters.

I spent my Sunday watching one of the most anticipated movies this year: Pacific Rim. Here's the synopsis: As a war between humankind and monstrous sea creatures wages on, a former pilot and a trainee are paired up to drive a seemingly obsolete special weapon in a desperate effort to save the world from the apocalypse (source: IMDb)

Keep rolling the mouse but first of all, don't tell me I didn't warn you of spoilers :P



Basically this movie was about giant high technology robots (Jaeger means "hunter" in German) vs deep sea giant monsters (Kaiju means "strange beast" in Japanese). I thought it'd be so all over the place and had complicated graphic but it was all wrong. The graphic, effect and sound was breath-taking! 
 I really like the human-robot bonds concept so the driver and the robot are become one, but if only the bond didn't need to go through neural link, because I kinda don't like people messing up with what is inside my head haha... My favorite scene was definitely the beginning of the movie, where the Becket boys were preparing themselves to be bonded with the robot. That was so cool to see the process!


These are the main characters among all robots made, they're four of them, each of them have their own origin country. Another thing that I like is there is robot made in China (left one) too hehehe... so it was a western-eastern combination of robots. There is another one originally from Japan but it wasn't included in one of these main characters, I had no idea why...

While I'm googling about these robots, I wander why there were so many version and names of them and then I found out we can create our own version of Jaeger. Yup, we could customize Jaeger through this app, isn't it so cool?! What Jaeger would you make guys, the one that represent your country? Just click here Jaeger Designer. I haven't got time to make one because of this lame internet connection but maybe I would soon hehe... 

Charlie Hunnam guys! He is the human main character portrayed as the Gipsy Danger pilot. At first, his face was so familiar to me but I couldn't recall who he is or what his name, then I thought oh okay I've never seen his movie or whatsoever and he was probably just look alike Chris Hemsworth mixed with Channing Tatum (well, don't you think?). After the movie finished, I googled him and walaaa... he's the one who played The Ledge along Liv Tyler, there you go! I've seen him in that movie haha... *ring a bell* and oh anyway, with abs like that, he's undeniably HOT! 

The casts at movie premieres
I barely know the casts tho but I guess it's one of Del Toro's signature. He pretty much never accentuate the casts but always accentuate the quality of the movie. It doesn't always take high-cost or well-known celebrities to make a great one right?


I give this movie 8.5 out of 10 but IMHO somehow I like Transformers more than this one. For me, Transfomers does more make sense rather than Pacific Rim. Without due any respect to this movie, if those two movie are compared I must say I love the concept of this movie but I like the story of Transformers more. Wishy washy am I? Hahaha... But yeah, kudos the genius Guilermo Del Toro, he's definitely one of my fav directors of all time! 

Anyway, I've to stop this post right now. It's already passed midnight here.
And oh, thanks to this movie, it erased my shock and sadness of Cory Monteith's death. Still can't believe he's gone. A bit spoiler: my next post is gonna be a tribute to him!

Until my next post guys! *signing off*
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for dropping by a comment! Please leave your blog's link so I can visit yours too :)